If you’ve already been using Teams as part of your business communication approach during lockdown, or if you’re thinking it’s time to use it as your phone system moving forwards then Dataquest is here to help you with the important considerations when looking at what is right for your needs.
Should I use Teams® as my phone system?
While Teams® may offer a competent set of collaboration features, it’s not proficient as a replacement for a phone system. Many people use two systems and through our partners CCE have a number of integrations to supercharge Microsoft Teams® capabilities and usability, allowing users to work seamlessly between both.
If you have 3CX, Avaya, Webex and users are not using cloud such as Office 356, our migration services can help you get there. Dataquest can offer a powerful yet cost-effective Microsoft Teams® solution, so users can call, collaborate, chat and more with a comprehensive offering that brings together all of these features onto one platform.
Is it compliant?
Microsoft Teams® is built on the Microsoft 365 and Office 365 hyper-scale, enterprise-grade cloud, delivering the advanced security and compliance capabilities businesses expect.
Microsoft classifies Office 365 into four basic compliance categories: A, B, C, & D. Teams fits into the “D” category, which enables security compliance services by default.
Teams features two-factor authentication and encrypted data (in transit and at rest). As a customer of Microsoft 365 or Office 365, you own and control your data. Microsoft does not use your data for anything other than providing you with the service that you have subscribed to.
Microsoft doesn’t have access to uploaded content. Like OneDrive and SharePoint in Microsoft 365, customer data stays within the tenant. You can find out more information on Microsoft’s Compliance Page.
Are you maximising it's potential?
As well as using Teams for webex, it has a suite of tools that can be used to enhance its capabilities, such as using it as replacing your phone system.
We have a number of voice packages (including 3CX, Gamma and Avaya) that Dataquest can seamlessly connect. Features include:-
- Services provided though market leaders in SIP and Hosted for the UK SME market.
- Porting – We have parting agreements with all major networks, a dedicated porting team who can offer out of hours and weekend service (MS Teams only port on US working days).
- Voice Quality – Gamma prioritises voice traffic on our network and with a data circuit we can guarantee quality of service.
- Call Bundles – offering 2000 min to UK Geo and on a 3 year term an additional 2000 mins to UK Mobile, we have a more comprehensive bundle
- Flexibility – You don’t need to make decisions upfront about call spend and your minutes are pooled between all users
- Communication Credits – Teams require a credit card designated for overspend above the minute allocation and this has to be capped upfront.
- STCM – We provide enhanced call controls and disaster recovery which can be given out to the customer.
- Fraud Management – Inbuilt Fraud protection.
- Completely Managed Service – Carrier grade SBCs monitored and manager by Gamma with their in house SIP. SBC (is the bridge used between the MS teams platform and SIP)
For further information about how your business
can maximise the use of Teams contact us today: